Grandmas banana pudding. Find Deals on Banana Jello Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Layer a portion of banana slices over the wafers and cover with pudding. Repeat layers with remaining bananas, wafers, and pudding.
Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix, half-and-half, sour cream and. Just Like Grandma's Banana Pudding features homemade vanilla custard, sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and toasted meringue, so it is simply irresistible. Even if you're intimidated by the idea of making custard from scratch, this detailed recipe makes the whole process a breeze. You can cook Grandmas banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandmas banana pudding
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 6 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 box of vanilla wafers.
- Prepare 4 of bananas.
Grandma's Banana Pudding from scratch….there just aint' nothin' like this out there that tastes so good! This is the most requested food dish that family members ask me to bring to holiday get-togethers and any other time I can. Sealing is important as the meringue will shrink from the edges if you don't. If you've tall peaks, watch closely for browning of the tips.
Grandmas banana pudding instructions
- Cover entire bottom & sides of a 9×13 baking dish with vanilla wafers. Cut up 3-4 bananas and lay pieces on top of wafers, covering the bottom..
- Mix flour, sugar & salt together in a sauce pan. Add milk & stir until dissolved. Heat mixture over high heat (never stop stirring) until boiling. Reduce heat to medium & keep stirring for 45 seconds. Remove completely from heat. (keep stirring) Pour 1/4 (give or take) of pudding mixture into a bowl with your egg yolks & mix well. Now pour your egg mixture into your sauce pan with the pudding mixture & add vanilla extract. Stir that together. Don't stop stirring!! You want it to thicken up some..
- Pour pudding mixture in baking dish over bananas & vanilla wafers. Place remaining vanilla wafers on top of pudding & pour crumbs on top. Refridgerate for at least 20 minutes..
Banana pudding is a crowd-pleasing dessert that's surprisingly easy to make. I have made banana pudding since I was a kid. I have always tripled the recipe. I am going to try this recipe for sure! It's just not banana pudding if it isn't my Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding recipe!