Buttery Crab Bread Pudding. I wanted to like it but will not be making it again. Whenever I am at a party the crab dish is always one of the first to go. It always feels like such a treat because it isn't probably a dish you would make on a daily basis.
This has to be one of the seriously most irresistible dishes ever…. Using a spoon, tuck the crab. Bread Pudding with Pralines and Bourbon-Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. You can cook Buttery Crab Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttery Crab Bread Pudding
- It’s 10 oz of lump crab meat.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped parsely.
- It’s 1 tbsp of finely chopped chives.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You need pinch of salt.
- Prepare pinch of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of baguette.
Day-old bread works best in this recipe. Try this elegant dish for a special breakfast or The bacon crab bread pudding mixture makes two large portions and as the chef suggested I topped each portion with two eggs. A lovely comforting dish, based on a Jane Grigson recipe – ideal for the winter months, and cheap and cheerful, too. It's not something you'd want to do from scratch with a couple of live crabs; they'd be better served really simply.
Buttery Crab Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, mix: crab meat, parsely, chives, lemon juice and cayenne pepper..
- Slice baguette into 3/4 inch slices and butter each side. Stand slices in baking dish and tuck crab mixture between each piece of bread..
- In medium bowl, whisk: eggs, milk, half and half, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Pour custard evenly over bread and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is lightly brown and custard is set. Let stand for 10 minutes..
You don't need super expensive lump crab. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until. This incredibly delicious bacon and crab bread pudding Benedict almost never happened. The original request was for crab cake eggs Benedict, but since Instead of just sitting on top of the English muffin, the crab flavor permeated the bread cubes during the baking time, and the results were spectacular. It was often served at our table growing up in Ireland.