Leche Flan. Compare Prices on Llanera For Leche Flan in Bakeware. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard.
Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche flan can be cooked in one large shallow bowl and cut into squares or wedges to serve. Alternatively, it can be cooked in smaller single-serve ramekins. You can have Leche Flan using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- You need 7 of Egg yokes.
- It’s 1 of Whole egg.
- It’s 1 can of Condensed milk.
- You need 1 can of Evaporated milk.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Leche flan is perfect by itself, but it can be served in many other ways. It is a popular topping for iced desserts in the Philippines like maiz con hielo and halo-halo. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Learn the secret to making a very smooth and silky leche flan you could ever make.
Leche Flan step by step
- In a sauce pan cobine water and sugar in a medium heat. When it starts to boil stir occasionally until sugar turns to caramel. Transfer the caramel into flans while its hot it turns into rock hard when it cools. Note: never taste the caramel it so hot and that it can burn you..
- Whisk eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk until it is well incorporated. Do not over whisk. Lastly add the vanilla..
- Run the mixture into a sieve while transferring into flan/ pans..
- Steam for about 30 mins or so depending on its thickness. You know when its done when its more gelatinous state when you slightly shake it..
Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks. To make leche flan, start by making caramel by melting sugar in a pan. Then, pour the caramel into a small, round baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and eggs. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, pour it into the baking dish over the caramel.