Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding. Using an electric hand mixer, whip the cream to soft peaks, and fold into the chocolate. Directions for: Earl Grey Chocolate Bread Pudding. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish or ramekins.
Using an electric hand mixer, whip the cream to soft peaks, and fold into the chocolate. This is a pudding from my childhood. While the recipe makes four you'll be hard pressed not to eat them all yourself. You can have Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding
- It’s of Chocolate Pudding.
- It’s 150 grams of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 25 grams of cocoa powder.
- It’s 400 ml of milk.
- You need 80 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 90 grams of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 15 grams of butter.
- It’s of Butterscotch Earl Grey pudding.
- Prepare 660 ml of milk.
- It’s 210 grams of dark brown sugar.
- You need 6 tablespoon of corn starch.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- It’s 30 gram of butter.
- You need 2 of teabags or 1 teaspoon loose leaf earl-grey.
Furthermore, the recipe is easy, affordable, and utilizes very common ingredients. Mix the sugar and cocoa together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pudding. During the colder months it is nice to treat yourself to a pudding once in a while. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
Earl Grey Butterscotch and Chocolate pudding instructions
- Chocolate pudding: In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar, corn starch and cocoa powder in a bowl until a thick paste is formed. (A).
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, add the cream and milk and heat to a boil. (B).
- Using a ladle, scoop hot (A) into (B), whisking all the while. This process is called tempering, where it brings the egg up to temperature so that the egg will not coagulate..
- Once you have whisked in about 3 ladles of (B), pour the egg mixture into (B), and bring up to a boil, whisking all the time until it forms the consistency of ketchup..
- At this stage, add the butter and chocolate, and allow the residual heat to melt them and combine using a spatula..
- Butterscotch earl grey pudding: Repeat the same steps done for the chocolate pudding, just in this case, using brown sugar and following the new quantities instead. Also, add your tea in to infuse the milk with the flavor..
- Transfer both puddings to separate bowls, cover with cling wrap (making sure to touch the pudding itself) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours..
- Once refrigerated, prepare to serve. Prepare serving cups. I used wine glasses(in my picture) and i piped my puddings in to get a neater presentation. You can choose to spoon in the mixture if you want..
- GARNISH (optional): 1. add fruits on top 2. Chocolate shavings 3. Whipped cream Flavor: 1. Use orange zest while infusing the milk 2. Use alcohol 3. Add extracts *notes You can choose to reduce the amounts of sugar up to 100g each. The results will just not be as sweet. Highly recommend NOT to change it for butterscotch as the brown sugar not only gives it sweetness, it provides the butterscotch flavor. So only change the amount of sugar in the chocolate pudding if you must..
In a medium saucepan, gently whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt. I now get the variety pack occasionally for my family. It is seriously the perfect pack. They are so easy to pack for lunches and car rides ect. Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake.