Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding.
You can have Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding
- It’s 1/2 C of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 C of cornstarch.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of + 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder (don't worry about leveling but not super heaping).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 3/4 C of milk (whole is best but you can also use 2%).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of room temperature butter (not margarine).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Best Old-Fashioned Chocolate Pudding instructions
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, salt, cornstarch and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in the milk…the cornstarch and cocoa powder will float on top of the milk but as you go on they'll be absorbed, so don't worry -but keep the sides of the pan scraped down.
- Using medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly…this step can take up to 15 minutes.
- Keep the mixture bubbling slowly until it thickens enough to coat the back of your stirring spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
- *THE PUDDING WILL BE HOT**.
- Pour into a sturdy bowl and let rest for 10 minutes before covering with plastic wrap…have the wrap touch the surface of the pudding, this prevents a "skin" from forming.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!.