Sago/Tapioca kheer & jelly shorts. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Sago Kheer also popularly known as Sabudana Kheer is a milk pudding made with soaked sago pearls and is an ideal dessert option in Hindu community during their religious fasts. Its texture is creamy, luscious and absolutely melt in mouth.
Soaking the tapioca pearls before making kheer is an important step, so do not skip it. This kheer thickens a lot as it cools. So you can add more milk to adjust the consistency before serving. You can have Sago/Tapioca kheer & jelly shorts using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sago/Tapioca kheer & jelly shorts
- Prepare 1 cup of sago washed & soaked for 1/2 an hour.
- It’s 4 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of condensed milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s of as required Gelatin powder for making jelly.
- You need 1-2 drops of vanilla extract.
- You need of as required Orange juice & blue curacao syrup for colourful jelly.
To make a vegan variation of this tapioca pudding, substitute milk with almond milk or another plant based milk. Sabudana Kheer or Sago Kheer is the commonest type of sweet dish, enjoyed during the fasting period, as well during celebrations and festivals. This Tapioca Pudding or Sago Pudding is a fav Indian dessert and is super easy to make as well. Here is how to make it.
Sago/Tapioca kheer & jelly shorts instructions
- Boil milk, add the soaked sago. Give it a boil..
- Then add condensed milk, sugar,vanilla essence & cook till it becomes more soft & transparent.Keep aside to cool..
- To make the jelly- Add gelatin powder in warm water & mix well. Stir until dissolved..
- Divide jelly liquid into two containers. In one container mix orange juice..
- Pour the orange juice jelly into shorts & keep it in the refrigerator to set..
- In another jelly, liquid container add blue curacao syrup & keep the blue & orange juice liquid in refrigerator to set..
- Cut the jelly in cubes when set..
- In shot glasses pour sago kheer over the orange jelly, then add blue, orange jelly cubes..
- Then again pour sago kheer & on the top add blue, orange jelly cubes..
- Serve the sago, jelly shots chilled..
Sabudana kheer Recipe with step by step photos – sweet pudding made with tapioca pearls or sabudana and milk. We generally make sabudana kheer during the Navratri festival or during some of the fasting or vrat days. This is a popular Indian pudding that is made with tapioca pearls for religious fasting days. sabudana kheer recipe sago payasam recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. kheer is an easy and tasty dessert recipe from indian subcontinent, and sago kheer is prepared especially during fasting festivals. hence it is prepared during navaratri festival fasting and even during shivaratri fasting festival too. sabakki payasam can be prepared with many ways, but. Sabudana Kheer also known as the Sago Payasam is a very traditional Indian sweet dish made across most regions of India.