Matcha Panna Cotta. Rishi Tea & Botanicals' Matcha Is a Japanese Green Tea Powder Curated By Stone-Milling. Enjoy Our Varieties of Organic Matcha Tea Blends. Starter Kits, Sampler Packs & Accessories Also Available.
The delicate flavor of the matcha green tea is perfect for this melt-in-your-mouth treat. This is a great way to convince your green tea-hating friends to try matcha. For example, my dad (AKA green tea skeptic extraordinaire) was first won over by the amazing texture of the panna cotta, and then decided that the matcha flavor wasn't so bad. You can have Matcha Panna Cotta using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Matcha Panna Cotta
- It’s 500 ml (2 cups) of Milk & Cream *e.g. 1 cup Milk and 1 cup Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Matcha Powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Rum.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of (*about 8g) Gelatin.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Water.
What a great idea to make a matcha panna cotta! I'm so happy you like it Alix! I will try to make one soon or make one for myself. hehehe. First of all, panna cotta is a chilled cream pudding made of cream, sugar, and gelatin.
Matcha Panna Cotta step by step
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes..
- Place Milk, Cream and Sugar in a saucepan, sift in Matcha Powder, and mix well using a whisk. Heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves, then add Vanilla Extract and Rum, mix to combine. *Note: You can do this process using the microwave..
- Pour the mixture into jelly moulds or serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set. *Note: I decorated with whipped Cream (slightly sweetened) and extra Matcha Powder..
As you see, there is milk (and heavy cream) and gelatin made by prolonged boiling of skin, cartilage, and bones from animals. A topping of fresh strawberries brings a contrasting burst of. This matcha panna cotta recipe uses coconut milk to make it ultra creamy, without any dairy. The raspberries are fine with just a tablespoon. This easy to make matcha green tea panna cotta is served with crunchy black sesame brittle.