Custard Yogurt Custard Pudding. Alisa's Notes and Tips: Yogurt Custard Pudding. There were many creative uses of So Delicious products in this fun recipe contest, but our favorite was in this yogurt custard pudding submitted by Hidemi Walsh. Caramel Custard (Caramel Custard Pudding/Flan)The take it easy chef. sugar, milk, cinnamon, eggs.
So when mixing eggs, sugar and milk, it needs to be strained before pouring the mixture into the pudding molds. There are many flavors of custard pudding in Japan, ranging from chocolate to pumpkin to green tea. Make Custard-style Yogurt: Homemade yogurt is just about infinitely customizable, and very, very easy. You can have Custard Yogurt Custard Pudding using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Custard Yogurt Custard Pudding
- Prepare 300 grams of Plain yogurt.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 100 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 300 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 6 of drops Vanilla essence.
- It’s 5 grams of Powdered gelatin.
- You need 3 tbsp of Water.
The powdered milk is what gives the yogurt its thick, custard-like consistency, so add more powdered milk for a thicker, spoon-eating yogurt; less for a more pourable yogurt. Traditional custard pudding is old-fashioned comfort food at its finest. An appealing almond flavor comes through in every spoonful.—Bonnie Simpson, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A wide variety of custard pudding options are available to you, such as flavor, color, and packaging.
Custard Yogurt Custard Pudding step by step
- Put the eggs, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix well..
- Heat the milk and vanilla in a pot. When the edges begin to bubble, turn off the heat. Put 1/3 of the milk into the Step 1 bowl and mix well..
- Strain the Step 2 mixture into a pot containing the rest of the milk..
- Turn the heat on again, and stir the mixture continuously. Once it has thickened, turn the heat to low and continue cooking while stirring for 1 minute..
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. To stop it from drying out, wrap the bowl with plastic wrap, and let cool..
- Mix the gelatin with water and leave to soak..
- When the custard from Step 5 has cooled, mix it until it becomes smooth..
- Add the yogurt and mix well..
- Heat the soaked gelatin in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to melt..
- Pour the gelatin into the custard and mix well. (It's best to mix as you pour)..
- Pour into pudding cups and chill in the refrigerator to set..
- Top with whipped cream, if desired..
Just made this custard/pudding and it is delicious!!! Never had good luck cooking custards in saucepan so I cooked in a double boiler over water, turned I loved this recipe for custard pudding!! I feel like the addition of cornstarch alleviated much of trouble that I traditionally run into with custards. Puddings, custards, mousse and flans are comfort foods for many people. Try one of our delicious custard & pudding recipes.