Chocolate Mousse Pie with Homemade Pie Crust. Brighten Your Party w/ Easy-To-Prepare Pie Desserts From Kraft®. I used a pre-made Oreo chocolate pie crust. I also used chocolate/vanilla Kraft marshmallows.
Mmmm… Many chocolate mousse pie recipes call for eggs, use of a double boiler, and a candy thermometer. This homemade Keto Chocolate Pie recipe is everything you want from a low carb chocolate dessert! A crunchy pecan pie crust is filled with a creamy chocolate mousse and topped with freshly whipped cream. You can cook Chocolate Mousse Pie with Homemade Pie Crust using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Pie with Homemade Pie Crust
- You need 1 of  Homemade pie crust Recipe ID.
- It’s 140 grams of Couverture Flake (bittersweet).
- It’s 2 of Egg yolk.
- You need 2 of Egg white.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 80 grams of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 grams of Gelatin powder.
- Prepare of <For decoration>.
- It’s 100 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 20 grams of Vanilla sugar.
- It’s 1 of Pure cocoa powder.
The result is pure, sugar-free decadence. This pie features a chocolate graham cracker crust, rich and silky chocolate mousse filling, fresh whipped cream, and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings. It sounds like a fancy chocolate dessert. But honestly, chocolate mousse pie is very simple to make.
Chocolate Mousse Pie with Homemade Pie Crust step by step
- <Preparation> Put the egg yolks, egg whites and heavy cream into separate bowls. Prepare 2 bowls of hot water to melt the chocolate and whip the egg yolks. In summer, prepare a bowl of ice water to whip the heavy cream. Make the homemade pie crust. Recipe ID .
- Add a pinch of salt (not listed) to the egg whites. In summer, place the bowl with the heavy cream over a bowl of ice water. Prepare a bowl of hot water for the egg yolks. Whip these ingredients in the order mentioned above using a hand mixer without washing it. Use 1/3 of the granulated sugar for each ingredients..
- Whip the egg yolks over the bowl of hot water until the added granulated sugar is dissolved and it becomes body temperature. Then remove the bowl of hot water, and whip the egg mixture until thickens. Meanwhile, melt the courverture flake over another bowl of hot water..
- Add the melted courverture chocolate into the egg mixture little by little, and mix well with a rubber spatula..
- Soak the gelatin powder in the amount of water specified on the packet and dissolve completely in the microwave, etc..
- Combine the meringue, whipped cream and the chocolate mixture from Step 4 in a bowl and mix well with the rubber spatula. Add the gelatin from Step 5 into the bowl and mix thoroughly..
- Pour the filling from Step 6 into the pie crust, and chill in the fridge to set..
- For decoration, whip the heavy cream with vanilla sugar until stiff peaks form and pipe onto the pie. Sprinkle pure cocoa powder to serve if you like..
Perfect for chocolate lovers, this pie features chocolate three ways. The crust is most crisp the day it's made, but the pie without the whipped-cream topping and chocolate shavings can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. To cut the pie into neat slices, use a serrated knife. You know all the good things in life. You don't need to chop chocolate, you don't need to gently heat or whip any eggs as in many mousse recipes, and you don't eve need to make a pie crust!