Kabocha Squash Pudding. Kabocha Squash – Kabocha squash is sweeter than most winter squash and is definitely creamier. You don't have to use light brown sugar, but it will give the pudding a richer taste. Resting the kabocha after cooking gives nicer color.
Place the kabocha squash on a cutting board and cut the rind using a knife. Add enough water to cover the pieces and bring to a boil. How to Cut a Kabocha Squash (Japanese Pumpkin) Kabocha is notorious for its really tough green skin. You can cook Kabocha Squash Pudding using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Pudding
- Prepare 400 grams of Kabocha squash (without seeds and skin).
- You need 270 grams of Milk.
- It’s 130 grams of Heavy cream (Non-dairy).
- It’s 80 grams of Light brown sugar.
- Prepare 10 grams of Gelatin powder.
- Prepare 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of Melted butter (for coating the mold).
- You need 1 of for garnish Whipped cream, Mint.
So before we get to the recipes, you want to check out the complete guide on how to cut, peel, and cook a kabocha squash with helpful tutorial video and step by step pictures. Line a baking sheet with foil and cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and stringy insides and then cut each half into three wedges, making sure that each slice is uniform. Roasted Kabocha Squash Civilized Caveman Cooking. oil, sea salt, kabocha squash, cinnamon, black pepper.
Kabocha Squash Pudding step by step
- Soak gelatin in 4 tablespoons of water. Brush melted butter lightly inside the mold. (Optional).
- Remove seed from kabocha and wrap with plastic wrap. Microwave (900 W) for 4 minutes 40 seconds..
- Let the covered kabocha cool..
- Put granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a saucepan and heat until golden brown. Then add an extra 1 tablespoon of hot water and pour the sauce into the mold..
- Peel the kabocha rind and mash with a fork. Melt the gelatin over a hot water bath or in the microwave. (Be careful not to over-heat!).
- Pour milk in a saucepan and heat over low heat. Add sugar and dissolve..
- Put mashed kabocha, milk and melted gelatin into a blender. Purée and then strain..
- Return the mixture into the blender and add heavy cream. Pulse a few times to combine and strain again. Pour the mixture into the mold. Once it has cooled, chill in the refrigerator..
- Cover the mold with a serving plate and turn over. Remove the mold. Slice and decorate with whipping cream and mint according to your taste..
Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Kabocha melts in your mouth. yummy!!! Compared to the regular flan (pudding), the texture is firmer, so you can cut and serve like a cake!!! Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving 😉 Kabocha Congee If rice pudding was reborn as a healthy stew. Cinnamon Lowers blood pressure and banishes infections.