Strawberry Bavarois. The Strawberry Bavarois is a very common dessert in Chilean houses. In this recipe, instead of using strawberry gelatine, I use real strawberries and unflavored gelatin. As the sweetness of the fruit varies, I recommend you try the mixture before adding the gelatin to verify that it is the appropriate flavor.
Every year, when Strawberries are in season, I make this dessert. If you wish to mould it, you might need extra gelatine. Strawberry layer: Place strawberries into blender, add coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. You can have Strawberry Bavarois using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Bavarois
- You need 250 grams of Strawberries.
- Prepare 6 of Strawberries for decoration.
- You need 10 grams of Gelatin powder.
- It’s 50 grams of Water.
- Prepare 1 of from 1/2 a lemon Lemon juice.
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- You need 2 of Raw egg yolks.
- You need 100 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 200 ml of Heavy cream (vegetable based).
- It’s 1 of Heavy cream for decoration.
Pour the mixture into a medium pot and stir in the agar flakes. To make Strawberry Bavarois Cream, you will need (see all quantities below): Fresh (or frozen) Strawberries, blended then sieved For the strawberry sauce. Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until the sugar dissolves then allow to simmer and reduce to sugar syrup. Add the strawberries and liquor and simmer for a few minutes.
Strawberry Bavarois instructions
- Mix all ingredients and let the gelatin soften for about 15 minutes..
- Put half of the strawberries through a mixer. Mash the rest of the strawberries roughly using the back of a fork..
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix with a whisk..
- When it becomes white and fluffy, it is ready..
- Pour milk into a pan and heat until it is just about to boil. Then add to Step 4 little at a time and mix well with a whisk..
- Put Step 5 back to a pan and heat. Heat until it becomes "hot!" to the touch..
- Add softened gelatin from Step 1. Mix with a spatula and let the gelatin melt completely..
- Then next, add the strawberry mixture from Step 2. Mix well continuously..
- Add lemon juice..
- Whip heavy cream until it forms a thick ribbon using a whisk. Mix this little at a time with Step 9 and mix well..
- Chill in a refrigerator for more than 2 hours and when it is solid, it is ready..
- Whip heavy cream for decoration. It will look nice if you decorate with whipped cream and mint leaves..
- This bavarois has a refreshing aftertaste so you might want to have another one after finishing one..
Pour the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry bavarois mixture until combined. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle (or simply use a disposable piping bag and snip the end off to make a hole for piping). I feel a bit lazy lately, ^^, well I still want to make some sweets, but easy things will be great. Roasted strawberry bavarois with dandelion and burdock jelly – Cook's Note- For Thermomix users you can make the bavarois using a Thermomix, if you like.