Raspberry Bavarois. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl (to remove the raspberry seeds), set aside to cool. Whisk the pouring cream until soft peaks form (be careful to not overwhip the cream as if you do your bavarois will have a grainy texture). Gently fold the cream into raspberry mixture until well combined.
Pour the boiling mix onto this and whisk well. My mom makes dairy-free strawberry bavarois kind of on the regular while strawberries are in season but raspberry and chocolate sounds even more amazing and is making me wonder about like, raspberry chocolate cheesecake, which is a texture I like even more. The raspberries will sink into the bavarois a little. You can have Raspberry Bavarois using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Raspberry Bavarois
- It’s 300 grams of Raspberries (frozen).
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- You need 5 grams of Gelatin (powdered).
- You need 100 grams of Soy milk cream (or heavy cream).
To serve, dip a knife in hot water and run it around the inside of the tin. Unclip and remove the spring form. Cut into portions and serve as is, or with raspberry coulis, if desired. HOT TIP This recipe forms part of the Layered Champagne Jelly and Raspberry Bavarois with Fairy Floss recipe.
Raspberry Bavarois step by step
- Dissolve the powdered gelatin in 3 tablespoons of water. Bring the frozen raspberries to room temperature, sprinkle half the sugar, and let sit for 30 minutes..
- When the juices has come out of the raspberries, put the raspberries, along with the juice, into a food processor and process. Then strain to make a smooth juice..
- Heat raspberry juice and the remaining sugar in a pot over low heat. When the sugar has dissolved, add the gelatin from Step 1 and immediately turn off the heat. Dissolve the gelatin in residual heat..
- Put the soy milk cream (or heavy cream) into a bowl and whip until it forms soft peaks..
- Add half of the raspberry liquid to the bowl in Step 4 and mix with a whisk. When the mixture becomes uniform, add the rest of the raspberry liquid and mix in..
- Pour the bavarois into containers and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours until firm..
- ↑ I found this "non-dairy whipping soy milk" at the supermarket..
- If you want to make two layers, set aside 1/4 of the raspberry liquid. After the bavarois is completely set, pour the raspberry liquid on top and chill again until set..
Place raspberries into a food processor fitted with a plastic blade and puree. Pour through a fine sieve to remove seeds. Before starting this Raspberry and Lime Bavarois recipe, make sure you have organised all the necessary ingredients. Pour reserved liquid in bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. A funny family cooking story: one year, the raspberry sauce ended up splattered all over her ceiling (no idea how) and repainting was required.