Chia seed pudding. Chia seed pudding is a simple and delicious way to easily get the benefits of chia seeds. It takes minutes to make and has enough protein and nutrients to be a quick, on-the-go breakfast option. This chia pudding could be put in reused baby food jars, small mason jars, or even squeeze pouches to be included for school lunches.
The type of liquid is up to you and will vary based on preference and dietary restrictions. I love using plant-based milks like almond milk , cashew milk and coconut milk. Adjust the ratios to suit you. You can cook Chia seed pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chia seed pudding
- You need 1/2 cup of Chia Seeds.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Basil Seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare 2 cups of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almond Milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Honey.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Coco Powder.
Some people like a thicker chia seed pudding and some like a thinner version. Feel free to add more milk to make a thinner version. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom (chai spices) or cacao powder (for chocolate chia pudding). Cooking with chia seeds might *sound* intimidating, but in reality they couldn't be easier to whip up!
Chia seed pudding instructions
- Add chia seeds and basil seeds to a large bowl..
- Add yogurt, coconut milk and almond milk in to the bowl. Wisk the seeds and liquid together..
- Add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and coco powder. Wisk together with other ingredients..
- Taste mixture and check for sweetness. Add sugar to your own liking..
- Transfer contents to a smaller bowl. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours..
- Eat with yogurt and fresh fruits..
Simply add liquid (we like almond. When it's time to mix in the chia seeds, I recommend mixing very well until all the chia seeds are incorporated into the milk. Then wait a few minutes for the chia pudding to settle and mix again. This will ensure it doesn't separate in the fridge. Check to make sure there are no clumps and don't refrigerate it until it's clump-free.