Savory Bread Pudding. These dishes, known also as strata, can be rich, but they are just as satisfying when made with low-fat milk. The formula works well for any number of cooked vegetables tossed with stale bread and mixed. Wrap any leftover pudding tightly with plastic and refrigerate.
Bread pudding doesn't have to be limited to dessert, though. Made with savory ingredients, this comfort food can be served as an entrée or side dish. Have you ever made savory bread pudding? You can have Savory Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Greek Yogurt.
- It’s 3 tsp of Chicken bouillon.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 10 loaf of Stale White bread.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 cup of Any chopped meat you like.
How to Eat Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner (and Dessert, Duh!) Sweet or savory, bread pudding is the ultimate comfort food. Just think of this as strata gone wild. Kamileon has concocted a rich, custardy bread pudding containing everything but the kitchen sink. Bread pudding is a gem of a main dish, and frugal to boot.
Savory Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, bouillon and cheeses..
- Cut the bread to small bite pieces. I used my own honey cinnamon dinner roll for this so it's more incorporated since it crumbled more..
- Dump the bread pieces to the egg mixture, add a little bit of water if it's too thick.
- Pour the mixture to the casserole pan, and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Done 🙂 serve hot.
This savory bread pudding is filled with bacon, peppers, spinach, and cheese, making it an easy one-dish Savory bread pudding is an easy way to make guests sigh with content, whether at breakfast. It's equally comforting turned savory, enriched with cheese and studded with vegetables. Yes, yes, for the semantics expert, a savory bread pudding is known as Strata. But we say call it This bread pudding recipe is basically a deconstructed Croque Monsieur with a mix of smoky ham. This is the fourth of five finalist recipes for the Dairy Contest, the winner of which will be announced this Monday (Labor Day!) This recipe, submitted by.