Bread Pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can cook Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- You need 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.