Chia Seed Pudding. Chia seed pudding is a simple and delicious way to easily get the benefits of chia seeds. It takes minutes to make and has enough protein and nutrients to be a quick, on-the-go breakfast option. This chia pudding could be put in reused baby food jars, small mason jars, or even squeeze pouches to be included for school lunches.
The type of liquid is up to you and will vary based on preference and dietary restrictions. I love using plant-based milks like almond milk , cashew milk and coconut milk. Cooking with chia seeds might *sound* intimidating, but in reality they couldn't be easier to whip up! You can cook Chia Seed Pudding using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chia Seed Pudding
- It’s 2 tbsp of (thick) or 1 ¼ tbsp (smoother) Chia Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 C of (thick) or ¾ C (smoother) cream or milk of your choice.
- It’s to taste of Sweetener and vanilla.
Simply add liquid (we like almond. Adjust the ratios to suit you. Some people like a thicker chia seed pudding and some like a thinner version. Feel free to add more milk to make a thinner version.
Chia Seed Pudding step by step
- Pour the ingredients into a mason jar and mix very well. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Then, stir again until there are no Chia seed clumps left and the mixture is fully incorporated..
- If you want a really smooth mixture, use ground Chia seeds and then blend the mixture for 30 seconds in a food processor. Whole Chia seeds add texture which is a delightfully unique taste, but doesn't hold up to the texture of creamy pudding..
- Cover the jar and store it in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours..
- Top with blueberries, your favorite fruit or dessert toppings when you're ready to consume!.
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon, cardamom (chai spices) or cacao powder (for chocolate chia pudding). When it's time to mix in the chia seeds, I recommend mixing very well until all the chia seeds are incorporated into the milk. Then wait a few minutes for the chia pudding to settle and mix again. This will ensure it doesn't separate in the fridge. Check to make sure there are no clumps and don't refrigerate it until it's clump-free.