Sticky Toffee Pudding. Buy Sticky Toffee Pudding at Amazon. Sift the flour and baking powder onto a sheet of waxed paper. Sticky Toffee Pudding should be light in texture with a crumb structure that stands up when baked but collapses in the mouth to a dense, sweet, sticky, soft texture.
Although it did take a lot longer to reduce than stated. lnilsen from Union Grove, Wi / A good sticky toffee pudding recipe is a wonderful thing. Sticky toffee pudding (colloquially known as STP) is an English dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream. Sticky toffee pudding is essentially a rich, moist cake permeated with a thick caramel-like sauce (with extra for serving). You can have Sticky Toffee Pudding using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sticky Toffee Pudding
- You need of Pudding.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 of cups chopped pitted good quality dates.
- You need 1 1/2 of cups sifted all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 1/4 of cup unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of cups light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 of cup heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon vanilla extract.
Most recipes say to soak the dates in hot water, but here we use coffee. It gives the holiday favorite a surprising depth of flavor. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sticky, gooey and surprisingly light and easy, Mary's sticky toffee pudding is a winner.
Sticky Toffee Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour muffin pan..
- Bring dates and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium heavy saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in baking soda. Let it cool down a bit then puree the dates with the liquid in a food processor. Set aside..
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve..
- Using your mixer, lightly beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl..
- Add an egg, half of flour mixture and half of date mixture. Beat to blend again..
- Repeat step above. So, add last egg and the other half of flour and date mixture. Blend again..
- Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Insert toothpick to test, if it comes out clean, then it's done. Set aside to cool..
- For SAUCE: Warm butter, sugar and cream then bring to boil in a small heavy saucepan. Stir constantly in medium heat. Give it 3 to 5 minutes then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla as it cools down..
- Brush or drizzle sauce over each mini pudding cakes..
- Top with roasted walnuts (optional)..
- Serve with whipped cream or with your favourite vanilla ice-cream..
Baked in a large dish, this is a family-sized pudding, spooned out or cut into squares to serve. Nigella's sticky toffee pudding is dark, sticky and treacley. Best eaten warm, it's smothered in toffee sauce and extra cream if you're feeling indulgent. Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake. Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert composed of a moist date-based sponge cake, fully covered with a toffee sauce.