Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding. Little did I know that there was no rule to making pudding except it must be sweet, presentable and just as yummy as it looked. In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix, milk, rum, lime juice, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until no lumps remain. In another large bowl, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar until.
It is usually made from crumbs of white or brown bread. The crumbs are textured are several days old. Jamaican Bread Pudding: Many of you may not think that Bread Pudding is a Jamaican dessert, but you have to remember that Jamaica was a colonial country run by the British for a long time. You can have Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding
- It’s 12 slice of Bread (Cut in small cubes).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 can of fruit cocktail mix (drained).
- Prepare of Custard.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 quart of Cow's Milk.
- You need 5 medium of eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 2/3 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum or rum cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of sherry.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of rum (optional).
As a result a lot of our food has English influences or origins, like bread pudding. For me, what makes my recipe Jamaican is the combination of spices we love and, of course, a tablespoon of Jamaican white. Breadfruit Pudding Mix together the sugar, coconut milk, spices, salt, wine, egg and the melted margarine; whisk to dissolve sugar granules. Combine the crushed boiled breadfruit, flour and the raisins.
Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding step by step
- Heat oven at 350 ° F.
- Grease a med bread pan with butter.
- Combine bread cubes, cocktail mix and cinnamon in a container..
- Place coated cubes and fruits in Greased pan..
- Heat and cool milk then mix with all other ingredients for custard..
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes..
- Allow to rest for 15-20mins so cubes may absorb the custard..
- Bake for 45-50mins.
- Combine ingredients for glaze over flame in a small saucepan until slightly thicken..
- Take pudding from oven, brush with glaze and put to cool..
- ENJOY with a scoop of your favorite ice cream :-).
Add the liquid mixture to the breadfruit mixture and mix well. Tip: If you want a custard on top (in Jamaica, it is called "matta top pudding or wetty-wetty- top). Remove the pudding from the oven after one hour and pour the mixture on top of bread pudding. Return the pudding to the oven and continue baking for twenty-five more minutes. The breadfruit is a Jamaican food staple, that can be eaten boiled, roasted and fried.