Lemon Bread Pudding. Get Inspired On Our Official Site. Find Deals on Pudding Lemon in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Combine bread cubes and lemon zest in large bowl.
The top of the pudding should be golden brown. In large bowl, beat sugar, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk until blended. The best remedy for stale bread is to tear it into pieces and bake it in milk, eggs, sugar and spices. You can cook Lemon Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bread Pudding
- Prepare 4 cup of bread cubes, not fresh but slightly dried, the better the bread the better the pudding, though any bread will do.
- You need 1 cup of lemon curd, I used homemade but store bought is fine.
- You need 4 of large eggs, I used 5 small eggs.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of milk, I used 2% but any would be fine, or a combination of milk and cream, the higher the fat the richer the pudding.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract, or lemon extract for more lemon flavor.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered sugar for dusting.
Call it bread pudding and devour it still warm with a luscious lemon sauce. Leave the raisins to soak in the lemon juice. Arrange one layer of bread, covering the bottom of the dish and add the raisins and brown sugar before adding the next layer. Ree's comfort food dessert perfectly combines a light citrus burst with the satisfying coziness of bread pudding.
Lemon Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Lightly grease a deep 9"x9" baking dish, or similar size, with butter.
- In a large bowl, toss bread with lemon curd to coat.
- In a separate bowl, wisk eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla till combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Add mixture to bread and toss so that all bread is covered, let sit 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake 45 min covered with foil, then 15 minutes uncovered to brown the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Ree Drummond's Lemon Bread Pudding Recipe Ingredients. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, until just combined. Lemon Bread is made with lemon pudding, a lemon cake mix, oil, water and eggs. All of the ingredients are mixed together and then divided in half to make two delicious loaves of lemon bread. I know some of you are going to look at the ingredients and realized that there is a cake mix listed.