Posh bread and butter pudding. The Kitchen with Great British Chefs. I used some stollen that I had popped in the freezer before Christmas and it had slipped to the bottom and hidden itself.. Added to that are the usual ingredients to make the custardy sauce, with the addition of white chocolate for even more decadence.
POSH because it uses some really fabulous bread and the whiskey sauce adds a warming touch to make this a really special dessert. Great for the family get-together during those cold winter months. Use the rest to spread evenly over the bread then cut each. You can have Posh bread and butter pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Posh bread and butter pudding
- You need 400 grams of plain brioche or croissant.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- You need 100 ml of double cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of almond extract.
- It’s 3 tbsp of crushed almonds.
- You need 50 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of flaked almonds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need of chocolate sauce.
- You need 300 ml of double cream.
- It’s 200 grams of white chocolate.
My nan used to make this for us when the bread was going stale and they had too much milk. Everyone loved this dessert and it was always eaten by the whole family. Sadly my nan was not the greatest lover of… Directed by Chris Langham. Bread pudding was originally created as a way to use up stale bread.
Posh bread and butter pudding instructions
- Rip up and squash the brioche, into a caserole dish..
- Put the milk, 100ml double cream, 2 tablespoons almond extract and 3 tablespoons of crushed almonds into a jug. Then set aside for later..
- Now make the chocolate sauce. Put 300ml of cream and 200g white chocolate. Cook on a medium heat and stir until the chocolate has melted. Then the sauce is done, and you can take off the heat..
- Add half of the chocolate sauce and the sugar to the cream mixture stir it together. Then pour all over the brioche. Make sure all the brioche is quite soggy and mix together if necessary..
- Preheat the oven to 200 Sprinkle on the flaked almonds, and a couple tablespoons of sugar..
- Put in the oven for about 20/ 30 minutes until brown. Warm up the rest of the white chocolate sauce. Pour over the pudding when it's cooked..
Today, the dessert is a favorite in the U. Here, rich brioche is combined with a vanilla custard and pieces of. Split the vanilla pod, place in a saucepan with the cream and milk and bring to the boil. While it is warming up, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl. My boyfriend can't have the traditional recipe for this as he's allergic to sultanas.