Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan. This is the first Puerto Rican dessert on Kitchen Gidget. I've shared my family's favorite Puerto Rican food recipes, like Puerto Rican There's coconut flan which is very popular with a flavorful twist, and then there is cheese flan which is made with cream cheese. Puerto Rican flan de queso is like flan met cheesecake and they had the most scrumptious love baby.
Coconut Cheese Flan (Flan de Coco y Queso) Recipe – This cream cheese and coconut flan is far from traditional, and incredibly delicious. Puerto Rican Flan- omg coworker made this and I fell in love. Flan is a traditional Puerto Rican dessert. You can cook Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan
- You need 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 1 can of Sweet Condensed Milk (regular size).
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 box of 8oz cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
We've all eaten it and love it. Most of us are a bit weary of the task of making it. The most daunting part of preparing a flan was the caramel. I was always afraid of burning myself or burning the caramel.
Shira's Puerto Rican cheese flan step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a blender, mix evaporated & condensed milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cream cheese. Mix well all the ingredients..
- In a sause pan, place the sugar and leave it set on low fire. Stir ocassionaly with a fork until sugar melts and makes a caramel. (WARNING: Do not touch the caramel with your hands. It will burn you.) Also, do not let the caramel boil. It will get burn and you might have to start over..
- Once you have the caramel done, remove from fire and pour it over a baking pan (not sure the size sorry), or cup cakes pans, and make sure caramel covers the bottom of the pan..
- Pour the milks mixture over the caramel, and place it in the oven for about 45 mins-1 hour or until you stick a tooth pick and comes out dry. Place it in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight which is better..
- Enjoy !! :).
How to Make Puerto Rican Flan Cheesecake. in a blender,beat the eggs then add cream of coconut and vanilla and mix to combine.drop in cream cheese and blend until smooth.pour mixture in the loaf pan,over the sugar. Add yours. add flan mixture into pans. bake over (BAÑO DE MARIA)a little water inside the outter pan about half way. When ready to serve, turn Flan onto a platter. Slice flan in small squares with spatula. Puerto Rican Flan there is no sugar.