Simple bread pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. Find Deals on Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce in Baking Supplies on Amazon. This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. You can have Simple bread pudding using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple bread pudding
- Prepare 7 slice of white bread.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 80 grams of raisin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of whipping cream (optional ).
- Prepare 1 of butter.
Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. Easy Bread Pudding is one of our favorite dessert recipes. We add in raisins (or pecans) and top with a little bit of ice cream and caramel for the perfect end to any meal! A beloved recipe for bread pudding, rich with milk and eggs, and chock-full of raisins, was found tucked away in a family Bible for safekeeping.
Simple bread pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 370º.
- Spread butter on the bread slices, and cut it into medium size. Place the bread on greased heatproof bowl, or a choice of your baking pan..
- Add in raisin . Sprinkle a little bit of ground cinnamon on top of the bread..
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in milk and sugar. Over a medium heat, bring to boil, set a side..
- Mix the egg with ground cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract . Add into the hot milk, stir until combine. Pour it in..
- Bake it for 40 -45 minute, or until the milk mixture is set. And allow it to cool for 10 minute. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Then drizzle vanilla custard sauce as desired..
It has a smooth vanilla sauce for serving warm over the pudding, too. To start this recipe you'll need some bread, hence the name bread pudding. I like to use a loaf of challah bread when it comes to making this recipe. I think Josh's grandma used slices of toasted white bread when she would make it. But, I really love challah bread in this recipe so that's what I always use.