Amy's Bread And Butter Pudding. Serve with thick whipped cream or keto ice cream. If you don't have a microwave, you can make the keto bread in the oven. With its combination of crispy on top and soft, set custard-dipped bread underneath, I don't know anybody who doesn't like this.
It's even more delicious served with custard or ice cream. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. The bread can sit in the egg mixture for ten minutes or a few hours. You can cook Amy's Bread And Butter Pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amy's Bread And Butter Pudding
- Prepare 400 ml of Double cream.
- Prepare 400 ml of Semi skimmed milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sultanas.
- It’s 8 slice of Of white bread.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 of Butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Mixed spice.
- You need 4 tbsp of Caster sugar.
Long soak times will allow the egg mixture to penetrate deep into the bread. Older bread will work a lot better than fresh as it will absorb the egg mixture a lot easier and faster. Use the rest to spread evenly over the bread then cut each. I'd like to try this recipe but have no clue what the ingredient "mixed spice" would be..
Amy's Bread And Butter Pudding step by step
- Pre heat oven to 160: gas 4 and grease dish with butter.
- Mix the eggs, cream, milk and sugar and mixed spice until creamy.
- Butter the bread remove crusts and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Scatter sultanas over bread then pour mixture over bread.
- Cook for 1-11/4 hours.
Today it has found its way into many upscale restaurants flaunting how impressive the dish can be. Remove, leave oven on and make meringue. Slightly stale bread works a bit better because it doesn't soak through instantly and turn into mush. There are as many versions of bread pudding, out there as there are people to make them, but my favorite will always be Louisiana Bread Pudding. As most people know, we Louisianians serve french bread with just about everything.