Rum ,Raisin and Chocolate Mousse Bake (Zante). Gently beat the eggs with sugar and carefully mix with the chocolate mixture. Fold in the raisins and the rum. Knead for at least ten minutes after that until dough becomes elastic.
It's then topped with swirls of whipped cream. Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl and in a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and milk. Soak the raisins in rum overnight. You can cook Rum ,Raisin and Chocolate Mousse Bake (Zante) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rum ,Raisin and Chocolate Mousse Bake (Zante)
- Prepare 60 grams of raisin.
- It’s 4 tbsp of dark rum.
- It’s 450 grams of unsalted butter ,plus extra for buttering.
- You need 450 grams of dark chocolate.
- You need 1 cup of approximately double cream (200 ml ).(heavy cream).
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- It’s 200 grams of castor sugar (confectioners sugar).
- It’s 1 of amount of glaze to make as follows..
- You need 150 grams of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 1 tsp of golden syrup.
- Prepare 40 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 large of ladle of cocoa powder,for dusting..
Sift the flour into a bowl, then add the almonds and mix. In large mixer bowl, combine all cake ingredients except raisins. Mix at low speed until moistened. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth surface.
Rum ,Raisin and Chocolate Mousse Bake (Zante) instructions
- Soak the raisins in the rum for at least thirty minutes,then strain, keeping the rum.Butter the base and sides of a 20 cm wide x7cm deep square tin and then line with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160 C/ Gas 4..
- Gently heat the butter chocolate and the cream until melted,do not boil.Allowe to cool a little. Gently beat the eggs with sugar and carefully mix with the chocolate mixture.Fold in the raisins and the rum..
- Pour into the tin and bake for 1 hour.for firmish texture a little less for a more moist texture. Allow to cool in the tin .Move onto a plate. Meanwhile make the chocolate glaze.Melt the chocolate,butter and golden syrup ,again do not let boil ,remove from heat.Carefully level the top of the cake with a sharp knife,then spread with glaze .Dust with the cocoa powder. or drizzle with a white chocolate pattern or writing..
Serve chocolate, ricotta rum and raisin cake dusted with icing sugar. Break the chocolate into pieces and process in a processor until ground very fine. Heat the creme Fraiche to the boiling point, and with the motor running, pour it through the feed tube in a steady stream. As it begins to heat, stir to make sure all the flavours come together. Heat until the rum and orange juice have rehydrated the raisins.