Chocolate Mousse Torte. Repeat with milk chocolate mixture, then white chocolate mixture. To serve, carefully run a sharp a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Garnish if desired by drizzling with melted chocolate to create pine boughs and topping with chocolate Almond Pinecones.
Layers of chocolate cake are delicious enough. Filling each layer with a rich but light chocolate mousse is a chocolate lover's dream. This torte recipe is perfect, no matter the occasion. You can have Chocolate Mousse Torte using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Mousse Torte
- It’s 37 of Nilla Wafers.
- It’s 4 of squares of Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate.
- You need 2 packages of JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- Prepare 2 cup of Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 8 oz of tub of Cool Whip thawed.
- You need 8 oz of of Philadelphia Cream Cheese softend.
- It’s 1/4 cup of of Sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of of fresh Raspberries.
- You need 9 of inch round pan.
- It’s 1 of plastic wrap.
Hold the chocolate steadily and draw a vegetable peeler slowly over flat bottom of chocolate, allowing a thin layer of chocolate to curl as it is peeled off the bottom to make long, delicate curls. Or to make shorter curls, use the same technique using the narrow side of the chocolate. Place each chocolate in separate medium bowl. Pulse cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
Chocolate Mousse Torte step by step
- Stand 16 wafers around inside edge of 9-inch round pan lined with plastic wrap. Melt 3 chocolate squares as directed on package..
- Beat pudding mixes and 2 cups milk in medium bowl with whisk for 2 minutes. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip; pour into prepared pan..
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and remaining milk with mixer until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the remaining Cool Whip; spread over pudding. Top with remaining wafers. Refrigerate 3 hours. Meanwhile, shave remaining chocolate square into curls..
- Invert torte onto plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap. Top torte with remaining Cool Whip, berries and chocolate curls..
Gradually, in two or three small additions, gently fold half the egg whites into the chocolate, then fold the chocolate mixture into the remaining whites just until no whites show. Secure it in place on each side with a small piece of Blu-Tack. Line the sides with a strip of non-stick. This double chocolate mousse torte is no doubt as fancy-shmancy as they come (well, at least in my simple world). It is incredibly delicious and is easily one of my favorite desserts of all time.