G's Bread Pudding. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. If you enjoyed this recipe- Give it a Like & do Subscribe. Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries.
First, remove the edges from the bread. A dessert born out of economics and the need to use up stale. I suggest you whip up Eggnog Bread Pudding next time you are caught off guard by unexpected guests. You can have G's Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of G's Bread Pudding
- It’s 250 g of wheat bread with crust, dry/stale.
- You need 150 g of rye bread with crust, dry/stale.
- It’s 4 of large eggs with yolk.
- Prepare 4 cups of skimmed milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of table cream (18% M.F.).
- You need 1 cup of golden raisins.
- You need 2 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of lime juice.
The Best Sourdough Bread Pudding Recipes on Yummly Sourdough Bread Pudding With Hot Honey Sauce, Sourdough Cheddar Bread Pudding, Bread Pudding. Egg And Bread Pudding Urdu Recipe, Step by step instructions of the recipe in Urdu and English, easy ingredients, calories, preparation time, serving and videos in Urdu cooking. This delicious bread pudding is going to bring you back to granny's kitchen.
G's Bread Pudding step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, cream, nutmeg, vanilla, and lime juice until fully combined..
- Break wheat and rye breads into 1-inch pieces and add to bowl. Mix until bread chunks are evenly coated and spread out..
- Allow mixture to sit and soak up for about 30 minutes, then add raisins and give it a final spin..
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Pour in mixture and spread evenly..
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake on middle rack for 50-60 minutes. The center should rise and the top should bronze evenly..
- Your bread pudding is ready! Take out and allow to cool for 30 minutes before digging in..
The homemade caramel sauce is the perfect complement to this comforting dessert. INGREDIENTS Break up the bread into small portions. Serve with a vanilla custard sauce, whipped cream, or even ice cream. Bread pudding is a dessert or snack item made out of stale bread mixed with milk, eggs, spices and dried fruits. A popular dish in several European countries like France, Ireland, Great Britain.