Corn Pudding/Sweet Corn Casserole. Corn Pudding is one of my favorites for the Holidays or any time of year! My Grandmother used to make this and it was truly a family favorite. Here's a sweet corn pudding that can turn even ordinary meals into something to celebrate.
This sweet corn pudding definitely fits that bill. It's such an easy dish to make, it's just a matter of stirring all the ingredients together in a bowl. Silky moist corn pudding is the perfect side dish for any holiday meal! You can have Corn Pudding/Sweet Corn Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn Pudding/Sweet Corn Casserole
- Prepare 6 of large eggs – beaten.
- It’s 2 sticks of butter – melted.
- It’s 1-16 ounce of tub sour cream.
- You need 2 cans of – 15 ounce whole corn – undrained.
- Prepare 2 cans of – 15 ounce creamed corn.
- Prepare 2 boxes of – 8.5 ounce jiffy corn muffin mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper – if preferred.
From Sommer Collier of A Spicy Perspective. It's true, you can't have a proper Thanksgiving feast without sweet potatoes or herbed dressing. However, fragrant corn pudding, with its dense luxurious texture, is the dish that makes. You'll need the simple ingredients listed below to get started.
Corn Pudding/Sweet Corn Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit..
- Melt butter & set aside to cool..
- In a large mixing bowl beat together 6 eggs..
- Add in sour cream, corn (with liquid), cream corn, jiffy corn muffin mix and sugar to eggs. Mix well..
- Add and mix the cooled butter in..
- Add vanilla extract (Make sure this is completed last.).
- Pour into a greased 15 x 11 casserole dish..
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden brown..
Whether you call this Corn Pudding or Corn Souffle, it's delicious either way. In a small bowl, stir together sugar, flour, baking powder. It's made of fresh, steamed, or canned, corn, and thickening agents. There's also some onion, and and some seasonings to add some. Corn pudding is a staple Southern side dish at any holiday gathering.