Caramel Bread Pudding. Find Deals on Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. As my son says, it is like eating French Toast for dessert. 🙂 It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it.
The pudding is flipped like an upside-down cake to let the caramel sauce drip down. Any large loaf will do, but a nice French bread, or a Challah work especially well. Spread bread cubes onto sheet pan in a single layer. You can have Caramel Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding
- Prepare 4 of milk toast bread (cut into small squares).
- It’s of Custard ingredients:.
- You need 3 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbs of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 10 gr of or 1 tbs (15gr) unsalted butter.
- You need 125 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 275 ml of low fat milk.
- It’s of Caramel Sauce:.
- Prepare 3 tbs of tbs sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of water (mix with sugar).
- It’s 1/8 cup of water (later purpose).
Caramel Bread Pudding Caramel Bread Pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding is a melt in the mouth pudding made with caramel and bread slices. This pudding is prepared by steaming method and hence no need of an oven in this recipe. Steaming can be done in a pan/pressure cooker/an electric rice cooker.
Caramel Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat your oven into 150°C..
- Cut your milk toast bread into small squares, set aside..
- Mix and heat your all custard ingredients, stir them until all dissolved and mixed well. Set aside..
- Beat 3 eggs, just until mix properly, no need to make it until foamy..
- Add milk mixture into the beaten egg, stir them well, and strain them to get smoother liquid.(custard liquid).
- Soak the bread inside the mould with custard liquid. Use spoon to help push it a lil bit down so all the bread could soak completely by the custard liquid..
- Let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes..
- Mean while, we could make caramel sauce by heat the sugar and water, and tilt it slowly, until the colour become golden brown. After the colour becomes dark brown, turn off the stove, and add the 1/4 cup of water. Mix them well without stirring them using spoon, only tilt the pan until all mixed..
- Cool the caramel for a minute and spoon it over the raw bread pudding. (about 1 tbs) make a line in the middle top of it..
- Bake the bread pudding using double boiler method by pouring about 400 ml of water below the tray and bake it around 25-30 minutes (depend on your oven)..
- After done baking, let it rest for a bit inside the oven until the bread pudding look shrinking a bit, and take it out from the oven..
- Best serve when it is chilled..
- Note: you could skip the heavy cream ingredient for cutting the extra fat. Replace with 400 ml all low-fat milk in total..
Dry fruits like cashews/raisins/almonds enhance the flavor of this pudding. Bring on all the salted caramel! Eggless caramel bread pudding – step by step recipe of steamed no bake eggless caramel bread pudding. This is a Smooth, melt in the mouth pudding made with caramel and bread slices. here the caramel is made by melting sugar. Not difficult but yes does require some practice.