Noodle Kugel with a Twist. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes! Drain, leaving a little bit of water. Noodle Kugel with a Twist one of my favorite side dishes.
Fits the theme of the new year. Noodle kugel is a traditional Jewish dish made from egg noodles baked in a sweet or savory custard. It is typically served as part of a brunch or breakfast-for-dinner buffet with bagels. You can have Noodle Kugel with a Twist using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Noodle Kugel with a Twist
- You need 1 lb of Wide Egg Noodles, Cooked and Drained.
- It’s 1 cup of Butter, Melted.
- It’s 16 oz of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs, Beaten.
- It’s 8 oz of Crushed Pineapples, Drained.
- Prepare 1 of ` Ham Steak, Cut into Cubes.
In a large bowl with an electic mixer, cream margarine and cream cheese until well combined. Home / Recipes / Sides / Grandma Rose's Jewish Noodle Kugel (Luchen Kugel). Strain and rinse under cold water, and immediately toss with one teaspoon of oil to prevent noodles from sticking together. In a large bowl, place the eggs, yolk, sugar, bread crumbs, oil, salt and white pepper.
Noodle Kugel with a Twist instructions
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Spray 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray..
- Combine the warm noodles and butter in a large glass bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla and stir gently. Add the eggs and mix gently but thoroughly. Add the pineapple and ham. Pour into prepared baking dish..
- Bake for 1 Hour.
Leftovers, if there are any, also work well as breakfast. Place noodles in a large bowl. Mix margarine into the noodles until melted. Stir in the eggs, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract. This deliciously festive twist on a sentimental favorite is infused with the zest and juice of aromatic Meyer lemons and studded with dried cherries and golden raisins.