Malva Pudding. The sauce was quite enough to moisten the entire pudding — it should not be dripping with sauce Real cold-weather comfort food. A sweet pudding of Dutch origin, Malva Pudding is usually served hot with custard or ice-cream. Made with apricot jam, this typical South African dessert has a spongy, caramelised texture.
It is prepared with apricot jam and a little brown vinegar, which give. Looking for a MALVA PUDDING RECIPE that is simple and full-proof for beginners? Looking for a simple Malva pudding recipe? You can cook Malva Pudding using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malva Pudding
- You need of Pudding.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of White Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Apricot Jam.
- You need 1 cup of Self Raising Flour.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Bicarbonate Of Soda.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 cup of Cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
Malva pudding – an amazing South African dessert. I have had this craving for a caramelly cake for a long time now. I guess it started about a month ago, and finally today my craving was satisfied. Malva Pudding is a true South African pudding dish, with a sweet sponge and a decadent caramelized sticky sauce; it's normally served with hot custard or ice cream.
Malva Pudding step by step
- Mix all pudding ingredients together in a bowl with an electric mixer..
- Butter an oven proof bowl, poor the pudding mixture in and place in the oven at 160°C for 45 minutes..
- Put all ingredients for the sauce in a pot and stir until boiling..
- Poke holes in the baked pudding (I use a fork) and poor sauce over until completely absorbed..
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!.
Malva pudding is a sweet pudding of South African origin. It contains apricot jam and has a spongy The pudding gained popularity on the West Coast of the US after Oprah Winfrey's personal chef, Art. Malva pudding, also called malvapoeding or marshmallow pudding, is a traditional South African dessert. Since South African restaurants are a rarity overseas, you probably haven't come across. South African Malva Pudding. by: Sarah Jampel.