Flan. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt sugar until liquefied and golden in color. My family loves Flan, I usually bake it in a round cake pan, But you can use ramekins. This recipe is NOT a hard as it looks.
This vanilla flan is made with both evaporated and sweetened condensed milk. Get tips for "wet" and "dry" sugar cooking, and make a perfect flan. Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan) Preparation. You can have Flan using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flan
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Condensed Milk.
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 5 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
Combine cream, milk and salt in heavy medium saucepan. Flan (pie), an open sweet or savoury tart, the most common UK meaning Flan de leche or crème caramel, a custard dessert with clear caramel sauce, the most common US meaning; Flan or planchet, a blank metal disk to be struck as a coin; Popular culture. Flans, a Mexican vocal trio; Flan, a race in the World of Greyhawk campaign setting Flanaess Chill and serve: Remove pan from oven. Flan (also called crème caramel or caramel custard) is a custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce.
Flan step by step
- Preheat oven at 350°F..
- Heat sugar to create caramel..
- Once sugar is melted, pour into a pan and evenly cover all surfaces up to 1/2" of the edge of the pan..
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, cream cheese and eggs in a blender..
- Pour mixture over caramel..
- Pour water into a mold larger than the mold for the flan..
- Place flan mold in the mold with the water..
- Place pans in oven for an hour..
- Remove pan and allow to cool on its own..
- Once cold you can remove it from the mold..
Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Latin American cuisine since Spaniards brought it to Mexico during the Spanish occupation. Bake your way around the world with these other globally-inspired baking recipes. Flan is a popular creamy custard dessert in Spain and all over Latin America, and there are many versions of it. This particular caramel flan recipe is prized for its simplicity, so if you've never made flan before, now is the time to try. Flan, or crème caramel, is a creamy custard dessert topped with caramel that's popular in Mexico, Spain and many Latin American countries.