Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. Add the bread, and stir so that it absorbs the liquid. Add the brown sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
Bananas Foster is traditionally served over ice cream so this bread pudding will be absolutely perfect with a scoop of ice cream on top. I actually have several recipes on callmepmc.com that are inspired by the New Orleans cuisine. Add the banana liqueur and stir to blend. You can cook Bananas Foster Bread Pudding using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter, Softened.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- You need 3 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Half & Half.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 cup of Banana Flavored Rum (may substitute other banana flavored liqueur).
- You need 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 dash of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 6 each of Bananas, Sliced.
- You need 1 lb of French Bread, cubed.
Using a wooden spoon, add brown sugar and stir together. Add the bananas and cook until caramelized on both sides, over medium-high heat. Move pan off heat, add the rum and return to the stove to catch a flame from the gas stove or a long lighter. Stand back when ignited and flambé the bananas.
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Cream together butter and brown sugar..
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated..
- Add cinnamon and vanilla..
- Add sour cream, half & half, milk, and rum until fully blended..
- Combine liquid mixture with sliced bananas and bread and fold together until bread soaks up most of the liquid..
- Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Place in oven for 90 minutes or until top id golden brown, and pudding is firm and set..
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting..
Pour egg mixture evenly over bread; press bread to absorb mixture. In days past, bread pudding was considered a 'poor man's dessert' and a way to use stale bread. This rendition is a 'royal dessert' made with brioche soaked with a creamy banana custard and crowned with a sweet rum sauce. Our Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce is a sophisticated twist on the New Orleans creation of Bananas. Brioche bread – I love to buy the French-style sliced brioche from Walmart or Aldi for this recipe.