You can have Banana Pudding using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding
- Prepare 35-45 of Nilla Wafers.
- It’s 5-6 of medium size ripe bananas sliced.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar divided.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare Dash of salt.
- It’s 4 of eggs, separated, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Optional : top with additional nilla wafers or try my never fail meringue.
Banana Pudding instructions
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt in top of double boiler. Stir in 4 egg yolks and milk; blend well..
- Cook, uncovered, over boiling water, stirring constantly; 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla..
- Spread small amount on bottom of 1 and 1/2 quart casserole dish; cover with layer of nilla wafers. Top with layer of sliced bananas. Continue to layer wafers, bananas and custard to make 3 layers of each, ending with custard..
- Now you can stop here and just add additional wafers to the top and enjoy or make a meringue to cover the top by beating the egg whites until stiff but not dry; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover top of pudding spread to cover entire surface. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool slightly and eat or refrigerate..
- If you don't have much luck making meringue, reference my recipe for Never Fail Pie Meringue..