Kodo Millet Vegan kheer. Our millets cook fast and are ideal to make healthy Porridges, Upma, Kheer, Kichdi, Pongal and more. Sorghum (Jowar), Pearl Millet (Bajra), Finger Millet (Ragi, Nachni) are the major millets. Minor Millets are small-seeded with different varieties such as Kodo Millet (Paspalum setaceum).
Millets – Types of Millets, Benefits, Nutrition Information. Millets – Millets or Siruthaniyam varieties are all about today post. millets variety, types of millets, millets benefits, millets nutrition value, millets facts, Siruthaniyam variety, sorghum benefits,little millets benefits,barnyard millet benefits,foxtail. Delicious kheer made using varagu arisi or kodo millet. You can cook Kodo Millet Vegan kheer using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kodo Millet Vegan kheer
- It’s 1 cup of kodo Millet.
- You need 1/2 litre of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped dryfruits.
- It’s As required of Cherry for garnishing.
This has sago added in and has lots of condensed milk which makes it even more rich and tasty. I tried it immediately it turned out super rich and creamy. The reason for creamy kheer is the addition of condensed milk. Kodo millet scientifically knows as Paspalum scrobiculatum, is an annual grain that is grown in primarily in India, but also in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, and in West Africa where it originates.
Kodo Millet Vegan kheer instructions
- Soak Kodo Millet for 30 -mins. Add water & Steam till cooked completely then add milk..
- Cook till it thickens add sugar and cook for 2-3 boils. Add raisins and chopped dry fruits. Cook for a while and turn off-gas..
- Serve Healthy tasty kodo millet kheer in a bowl and garnish with chopped dry fruits and cherry..
It is grown as a minor crop in most of these areas, with the exception of the Deccan. To begin making the Foxtail Millet Kheer (Payasam) recipe. Barnyard millet is grown in the hilly areas widely in hilly regions of Uttarakhand. Also known as kodon, arikelu, haarka, varagu, kodra, kodua. Millets are ancient grains, mankind has known their nutrition value for centuries and they are naturally This millet cooks fast and are ideal to make healthy porridges, upma, kheer, kichdi, pongal and more.