Vegan moong daal kheer. Dal Tadka (Stovetop and Instant Pot). Moong Dal Halwa Recipe with step by step photos. Moong Dal Tadka is a simple Indian dal made with split petite yellow lentils.
This Moong Dal Kheer is healthy, nutritious and low fat. We all loved Moong Dal Kheer at home! Thankyou for stopping by do share your genuine views. You can have Vegan moong daal kheer using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan moong daal kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of moong daal.
- You need 1,1 of /2cup water.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cashew nuts, raisine, dry coconut.
Moong dal payasam is something I really like though I make it rare, it always reminds me of our neighbor aunt whom used to share Delicious kheer with bites of moong dal is a treat to eat. Mostly served as Neivadyam in various festivals, pooja this payasam is easy. Moong dal payasam is a delicious sweet dish made with moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk, ghee and nuts. Kheer and payasam are the terms that refer to Indian puddings mostly cooked with milk.
Vegan moong daal kheer instructions
- Add moong daal in cooker or pot. Dry roast on medium heat till you get a nice aroma.
- Then rinse well the well, and pour 1,1/2 cup water..
- Pressure cooker on medium flame untill soft for 2 whistle..
- While daal cooks, add jaggery in pan with 3 or 4 tbs water. Boil it on medium flame untill slightly thick yet runny and pour consistency. When it done keep aside.
- When pressure release mash cooked dal slightly, add Cardamom powder, pour filter jaggery through it to moong mix it well..
- Bring it to boil.
- Switch off the flame and cool it for 5 min. Pour thick coconut milk in it.
- Take a small pan add coconut oil in it roast dry fruits.
- Add dry fruits in kheer. And mix.
- Serve warm or cool as a dessert.
Moong dal payasam is a traditional South Indian variety & is also. This moong daal payasam is one such healthy dessert, which i can eat anytime. For those who haven't tried any south indian payasam made of dal yet, this is a very good dish to start with. Moong dal, rice, jaggery and coconut milk make up this kheer – a favourite of the South Indians. Ingredients for Moong Dal Kheer Recipe.