Vegan rice kheer. Kheer is one of the favorite desserts in the festive season. It is easy, delicious with a dash cardamom or saffron and simmered for a long time till. Filed Under: All Recipes, Gluten Free Vegan Recipes, Indian Vegan Recipes, Vegan Desserts, Vegan Indian Sweets, Vegan Rice Recipes.
Creamy and aromatic Rice Kheer aka Indian Rice Pudding is made with basic ingredients, and is the Can you Make Kheer Vegan? Just swap the regular milk with almond milk and it. A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer. You can have Vegan rice kheer using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan rice kheer
- It’s 1/2 cup of basmati rice.
- You need 3 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3/4 of jaggery.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashew nuts and raisins.
- It’s 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 cup of water.
- You need of For garnishing.
- It’s 2 tsp of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped pistachios.
- It’s as needed of dry rose petals.
This pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled as breakfast, a snack at any time of the day or as a. This healthier version of rice pudding uses brown rice, coconut milk, and date syrup. If you are a fan of rice pudding, and you haven't yet experienced the Indian version, you must try this recipe! Coconut Rice Kheer or Payasam is creamy indulgent Indian dessert.
Vegan rice kheer step by step
- First of all heat a cooker and roast the cashew nuts and raisins in the oil and keep them aside..
- In the same oil add a bay leaf and wait for 20 seconds and then add water, salt and rice and cover the lid and wait for 4-5 whistles in low flame..
- After removal of the gas automatically from the cooker then add the coconut milk, jaggery and roasted dry fruits in it..
- Allow it to boil for sometime and then add the cardamom powder in it and mix it well..
- Then switch off the flame and your rice pudding or kheer is ready..
- Serve hot or chill by garnishing with some chopped almonds, pistachios and dry rose petals on it..
It often is prepared to celebrate special occasions and during festivals. This vegan and gluten free kheer is just as delicious and. A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer. This pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled as breakfast, a snack at any time of the day or as a dessert. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan.