Vegan spicy chocolate mousse. Wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture. Add the tofu, cacao, agave or maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk, and sea salt to a food processor. I'm all for tiny ingredient lists and this vegan chocolate mousse recipe ticks that box!
The smooth, creamy, silky texture, combined with a rich dark chocolate flavor takes my mind to a place where. Inspired by Mexican Hot Chocolate, made famous by the movie "Chocolat", this vegan Mexican chocolate cake recipe uses both cinnamon and cayenne to get a spicy chocolate flavor. And of course, as a vegan recipe, this chocolate cake is dairy-free, egg-free and cholesterol-free. You can cook Vegan spicy chocolate mousse using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan spicy chocolate mousse
- Prepare 1/2 cup of aquafaba (chickpea water from a can).
- It’s 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare Pinch of Cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 80 g of dark chocolate.
Sinful Indulgence For The Chocolate Lovers! Do let us know how you like it. This easy vegan chocolate mousse calls for just three ingredients, no aquafaba, avocado, or tofu required. I like to add a tablespoon of dutch cocoa powder for a richer flavor, but you can skip it if you don't have any on hand.
Vegan spicy chocolate mousse instructions
- Take your chickpea water and start whipping it up with a blender until stiff peaks form. (I used a hand blender so it took about 20 minutes to get it to this stage).
- Chop up your dark chocolate and place in a bowl along with the milk and Cayenne pepper..
- Once your chocolate is melted, let it cool a bit before you start adding it into your whipped aquafaba. fold the chocolate and aquafaba gently in each other till well combined..
- Scoop your mousse into your preferred bowls. Then cover with clingwrap and let it chill in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours before serving. You can top this dessert with some nuts, or goji berries or even enjoy as is!.
Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk or coconut cream for best results. I'm so excited to bring this simple yet indulgent vegan chocolate mousse with aquafaba recipe to you, guys. Smooth and creamy chocolate mousse made vegan by using silken tofu as the base. I like to think that since the tofu has protein it makes this even a bit healthy! For the ingredients I recommend almond or soy milk.