Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan. Buy Manufacturer Direct & Save Now. Great recipe for Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan. But as it's healthy enough, I usually have it for breakfast 😁 It's important to soak the rice first; preferably overnight but at least for an hour or two. #vegan #vegetarian #brunch #breakfast Bring milk and sugar to a boil in a saucepan; add rice and stir until mixture comes to a boil again.
The ingredients or substance mixture for indian rice pudding with cardamom and rose water recipe that are useful to cook such type. Rice pudding is a common sight on buffets in Indian restaurants. If you're looking for something sweet to wrap up your Indian meal at home, this could be the answer. You can cook Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- You need of For the rice:.
- It’s 750 ml of liquid – for eg 1 400ml can of coconut milk + water or half soy milk and half water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice – fill the cup to the top not just to the measuring line; rinsed and soaked for at least a few hours, drained.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of rosewater.
- Prepare of For the apricots:.
- Prepare 4 of apricots, fresh or frozen or dried – if using dried apricots, use about 15-20 – roughly chopped.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 150 ml of just boiled water.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of rose water.
- You need of To garnish – nice but not essential.
- It’s of some crushed pistachios or flaked almonds (toasted or untoasted).
- You need of some edible rose petals.
This particular rice pudding is popular in north India, and is scented with super-aromatic cardamom as well a light splash of rose water. Combine the rice, coconut milk, ½ cup of water and ⅛ teaspoon of salt in a medium, heavy-bottomed pot. Add the remaining almond milk to loosen the mixture if necessary. Heat the sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan.
Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan instructions
- In a large pot (with a lid for later), heat the milk/ water, vanilla and cardamom. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and soft – about 45 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t dry out: add some just boiled water if it does..
- In another pan (with a lid for later), on a medium-low heat, bring the apricots, lemon juice, water and cardamom to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins until the apricots are soft. If you’re using dried apricots, you may need more water..
- Back to the rice: when the rice is cooked, stir through the maple syrup and then the rose water. Add the rose water gradually to your taste..
- When the apricots are soft, take the pan off the heat and add the rosewater… again to your taste..
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls. Add the apricots on top. And sprinkle with the rose petals/ nuts. Enjoy 😋.
So I decided to create a delicious Middle Eastern take on my chocolate tart by adding rose water, cardamom, pistachios and apricots into the dark chocolate ganache, before pouring it into the pre-made pastry case (shhh don't tell!) and then sprinkling over more pistachios, apricots and those all-important rose petals… Apricot Almond Pilaf.. This stovetop rice pudding is made with milk, flavored with cardamom and rose water, and topped with almonds. The cardamom and rosewater give it a distinctive Persian flavor. Put the rice, water, and pinch salt in large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low.