Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan. Creamy, comforting coconut and cardamom rice pudding with blackberry compote; great for breakfast or dessert, vegan and lactose free. Place the rice, coconut milk, water, sugar, salt and cardamom pods in a pan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat then reduce the heat to low. Rice pudding is so delicious and surprisingly full of nutrients.
A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer. This pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled as breakfast, a snack at any time of the day or as a dessert. Bring soymilk, rice and salt to a boil in saucepan. You can have Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown rice, rinsed and soaked (for at least 30 mins… longer if possible) and drained.
- It’s 2 cups of the milk of your choice (be prepared to add more if the rice dries out… especially if the rice isn’t soaked).
- It’s 7 of cardamom pods, lightly crushed (use the back of a knife) – you need to take these out before serving or at least be ready to put them to one side if you find them in your bowl!.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 of vanilla pod.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need of For the blackberries.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of blackberries.
- It’s 1/2-1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1 squeeze of lemon – optional.
- It’s of some flaked almonds to sprinkle on top if you like.
Stir in brown sugar, raisins, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, and cardamom. Home Desserts Vegan Apple and Blackberry Crumble (Fat Free). And this time of the year is perfect for baking delicious, super healthy, sweet treats, like this vegan apple This is such an easy and delicious recipe! I add a teaspoon of cardamom and a teaspoon of ground.
Blackberry and cardamom rice pudding – vegan step by step
- Put the rice and milk in a pan on a medium heat. Add the spices – for the vanilla, scrape the seeds out and add the pod too. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 – 30 mins..
- For the blackberries: put the blackberries and water in a pan. Simmer over a low-medium heat for about 5 mins. Then add the cardamom and simmer for another couple of minutes. If you have a lemon handy, squeeze some juice onto the blackberries..
- Take the cinnamon stick, vanilla pod and cardamom pods out of the rice pudding. Stir through the maple syrup. Serve with the blackberries. Enjoy 😋.
Rice puddings can be found in almost every culture. In Egypt, milky, chilled roz bil laban is fragrant with cardamom and sometimes a hint of rosewater. (Cardamom is also featured in the country's corn flour puddings, or mhallabiya, a number of pastries. Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding – A healthy, vegan and gluten free snack can be made with white or brown rice and is cooked in coconut milk. I love me some Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding. I don't know about any of you guys, but it's always been one of my fave snacks to eat.