Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan. Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding – A healthy, vegan and gluten free snack can be made with white or brown rice and is cooked in coconut milk. I love me some Vegan Coconut Rice Pudding. I don't know about any of you guys, but it's always been one of my fave snacks to eat.
Using coconut milk instead of dairy gives the rice a great flavor without having to sacrifice creaminess and agave syrup makes a sweet but healthier alternative to I love fresh fruit in the morning but I'm a bit on the lazy side 🙂 These vegan Breakfast Mango Rice Puddings can be made in advance and. Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding with a tropical kick – super easy to make, a real joy to eat and it's vegan too! Maybe even better than the All throughout my childhood I had to eat rice pudding. You can cook Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan
- Prepare 1/2 cup of black rice, soaked overnight.
- You need 1/2 can of coconut milk, full fat or low fat… and you can use extra as a garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of water – maybe more.
- It’s 1/2 of vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Prepare 1 handful of coconut flakes.
- You need of For mango topping:.
- You need 1/2 cup of mango chunks.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of ginger powder.
- It’s of Some water.
It wasn't coconut rice pudding, but still, I really didn't like it. I've been craving the coconut sticky rice with mangoes from the Thai restaurant in my hometown. I've also had a bag of black rice in my freezer for weeks, just waiting to. Warm, comforting and delicious, this Black Rice Pudding with Coconut and Mango is perfect for breakfast, a snack or even dessert!
Indonesian-style Coconut Black Rice Pudding with Mango – vegan step by step
- Soak the rice overnight in about 2 cups of water..
- Drain the rice and place in a pan with the coconut milk, water and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Stir regularly. Cook for about 45 mins or until the rice is tender. You want a little liquid left. If the liquid dries out, add a little more water..
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 160 C. Put the coconut flakes on a baking tray and toast for 5-10 mins until they are just turning golden brown..
- To make the warm mango topping, add the mango chunks to a small pan with a splash of water and the ginger powder. Cook over a low to medium heat for about 10 minutes – the mixture will bubble and reduce. Add a little more water if it dries out. If you’re not warming the fruit, chop it up ready to serve..
- When the rice is cooked, stir through the salt and the maple syrup or sugar. (Don’t forget to take the vanilla pod out before serving 😁).
- Serve the rice, topped with the coconut and mango (or your fruit of choice). Add some more coconut milk if you like and enjoy!.
This Asian inspired version of rice pudding is utterly elevated by using black rice with mango and coconut cream finished off with a pandan palm sugar syrup. Thai black rice is a type of whole grain glutinous rice usually eaten in Thailand for dessert. Unlike Chinese black rice, also known as If you're a fan of Thai mango and sticky rice, you can also serve it with sliced ripe mango, but it isn't necessary. This particular pudding is all about the coconut. In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk, and milk to a gentle boil.