Vegan sticky toffee pudding. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Chop the dates as finely as possible and add to a saucepan along with the 'milk' and vanilla essence. Place the soya milk, dates and treacle into a saucepan and gently heat.
It's very indulgent, rich and aromatic and it firmly belongs in winter. Each bite reminds me of my past London life. It takes me back to long Sunday walks in. You can have Vegan sticky toffee pudding using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan sticky toffee pudding
- Prepare 175 g of self raising flour.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- It’s 50 g of vegan margarine.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 100 ml of soya milk.
- Prepare 150 ml of boiling water.
- It’s handful of pitted, chopped dates.
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegan butter.
Once soaked, drain them, then pop them into a food processor/blender and whizz up until mushy/soft. The best vegan sticky toffee pudding recipe ever. Sticky toffee pudding is a traditional British dessert that is typically made with dates. It also contains lots of brown sugar to make a super-rich dessert.
Vegan sticky toffee pudding step by step
- Add dates to water to soak.
- Preheat oven to 180deg celcius.
- Cream together the marg, sugar and vanilla.
- Add bicarb and then lemon and mix well.
- Add flour and milk a little at a time.
- Add date mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased dish and pop in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Make sauce while cakes in the oven by adding everything to a pot and cooking down as much as possible.
- Once cakes done let it cool a bit and then poke holes in it.
- Pour sauce over cake…keep a little sauce for serving.
- Enjoy…and dont say I didnt warn you! 😝.
But my favourite part about the pudding has always been the sauce. Let sit to thicken; this will become. This recipe comes from vegan expert Richard Makin aka School Night Vegan. Check out his expert guide to cooking with vegan ingredients here. Richard says: " There's something beautifully indulgent and warming about this sticky toffee pudding.