Halloween Thick and Healthy Kabocha Squash Pudding. Kabocha melts in your mouth. yummy!!! Compared to the regular flan (pudding), the texture is firmer, so you can cut and serve like a cake!!! From kabocha salad, creamy kabocha soup, kabocha stir fry to kabocha squash pie, this Japanese pumpkin is amazingly versatile!
It's vegan, so anyone can enjoy it without worry! To commemorate this event I'm highlighting some of my favorite posts from the archives. This very healthy squash pudding or crustless pie. You can have Halloween Thick and Healthy Kabocha Squash Pudding using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloween Thick and Healthy Kabocha Squash Pudding
- It’s 100 grams of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 5 grams of Gelatin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Water (to soften the gelatin).
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated sugar (to brown the surface).
Try one of these amazing kabocha squash recipes and you'll be wondering where this veggie has been all your life. Layered with coconut milk and kabocha, the result is a cross between a parfait and a rice pudding. Kabocha doesn't need much tinkering with since it has next-level flavor. Mango Pudding (video) – Little Sweet Baker.
Halloween Thick and Healthy Kabocha Squash Pudding step by step
- Soak the gelatin in water..
- Cut the squash into small pieces and microwave 3 minutes at 800W..
- Heat the milk. Remove from heat before it comes to a boil. Add the softened gelatin and mix well..
- Blend the squash with a blender until it makes a paste. Add the egg and the heated milk. Blend again..
- Pour into ramekins and chill in the fridge to harden..
- When they are chilled well, scatter granulated sugar on the surface. Heat a spoon over heat, and bring it close to the surface of the pudding to brown..
Kabocha squash, also known as Japanese pumpkin, is perfect for roasting, stuffing, pureeing, and more. Sign up for our new weekly newsletter, ThePrep, for inspiration and support for all. The Health Benefits of Kabocha Squash. The flesh is loaded with beta carotene, vitamins and iron so it really is good for you! Here's a healthy soup that's ideal for vegetarians and those watching their weight.