Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF. Tartan tastes in Texas – Scottish Clootie Dumpling. The easy fruit-spice laden clootie dumpling recipe makes the renowned traditional pudding that is an intrinsic part of any Scottish celebration. The easy fruit-spice laden clootie dumpling recipe makes the renowned traditional pudding that is an intrinsic part of any Scottish celebration.
Read about the Munlochy Black Isle Clootie Well. Description: From the Loch's Kitchen, Carol shows us step by step how to make a delicious Scottish Clootie Dumpling, boiling the ingredients in a deep pan. A clootie (also cloutie; from the Scots word cloot or clout: "a piece of cloth or leather; a patch; a rag") is a strip or piece of cloth, a rag or item of clothing; it can also refer to fabric used in the patching of clothes or the making of clootie mats (a.k.a. proddy rugs). You can have Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 180 grams of self-raising gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 180 grams of gluten-free brown breadcrumbs.
- You need 180 grams of vegetable suet.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 120 grams of currants.
- Prepare 180 grams of sultanas.
- Prepare 120 grams of soft dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of (lyles) golden syrup.
- You need 300 ml of milk or dairy-free alternative, amount varies due to suet.
- You need 1 of 'cloot' – a large square piece of muslin cloth* or pillowcase.
Clootie Dumplings are traditional rich fruit puddings which are cooked in a cloth called a cloot. It was traditionally made for special occasions like a birthday On the Tonight with Johnny Vaughan show Justin Timberlake judged a food competition and he loved the Scottish Clootie Dumpling cooked by. Clootie Dumpling is a super traditional. 'Clootie' comes from the Scottish for 'little cloth'. If there's white and black pudding and square slice sausage with beans all the better!!!
Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- You can use a greased pudding bowl in place of the cloot, covered with a piece of tented foil secured with a rubber band around the rim.
- First put your clean cloot in some boiling water. Take the cloot out of the water, wring it out, lay it flat and dust well with gluten-free flour. Smooth the flour over the cloot with your hands to get an even spread.
- Mix all the ingredients together with enough milk to make a fairly soft consistency. Make sure everything is mixed well.
- Place the mixture in the middle of the cloot, draw the corners together evenly but leave room for the suet to expand. Tie the cloot shut securely with string. Put a plate or trivet in the bottom of a deep pan and place the clootie dumpling on top of it. Cover the dumpling with enough boiling water so it's completely submerged and cooks evenly. Simmer for 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the dumpling from the pot and put it in a colander in the sink. Untie the string and gently pull the corners of the cloot apart. Put a plate over the dumpling in the colander and whip it over. Carefully peel the cloot away from one corner and behold your glorious dumpling!.
- Some people like to oven dry their dumpling at this stage. I don't, it dries it too much and too fast. Let it cool and dry on it's own. It will keep for 3 months so it has plenty of time! Make in December to be mature by Hogmanay or as part of your Burns Supper on January 25th! Reheat and serve sliced with custard, or have the slices cold, spread with some butter and apricot jam. My grannie would fry the slices in butter when we were young, lovely!.
Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Clootie Dumpling Traditional Scottish Suet Fresh. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä. Premium Traditional Scottish Clootie Dumplings made with love in the. Duff- Scottish Clootie Dumpling + Join Group. A celebration of Duff- the Scottish Clootie dumpling.