Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can cook Leche Flan using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- Prepare of Flan.
- You need 10 large of egg yolks.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 370 ml of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of Caramelized Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan step by step
- In a bowl, strain your egg yolks on a strainer..
- Mix egg yolks, slowly stirring in sugar until dissolve completely..
- Slowly add in milk..
- Caramelize your sugar..
- In a mold, lightly coat the bottom of your mold with your caramelized sugar. Then pour in the egg mixture halfway through or depending how thick you want it to be. Repeat process..
- Steam for about 1 hour or more until it's cook through. Enjoy!.
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.