Home made banana pudding. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Banana Pudding III View Recipe Reviewer Erika Trott Nowell says, "I made this for my boyfriend's holiday work party which I understand is more like a cooking. The other half of the pudding stayed in the double boiler on low heat and got a good dollop of semi-sweet chocolate chips they melt quickly and VOILA!
Try new ways of preparing bananas with banana pudding recipes and more from the expert chefs at Food Network. The hubs and I are HUGE fans of banana pudding. If you can put bananas in it – we love it. You can have Home made banana pudding using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Home made banana pudding
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 oz of butter / 1/2 a stick.
- Prepare 3 of medium bananas.
- Prepare 1 of 12 oz box vanilla wafers.
- You need 3 cup of milk.
In a large saucepan, mix sugar, flour and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. This banana pudding recipe is about as much of a comfort food in the South as it is a dessert. One that everyone always looks forward to digging into to get the perfect ratio of vanilla wafers, pudding, and bananas.
Home made banana pudding instructions
- In a double boiler mix sugar and cornstarch and slowly add milk. Stir constantly until thickens (about 15 min approximately). Slightly beat your egg yolks and add about 4 tbsp of your pudding to the yolks and mix together, then add to pudding cooking for 2 more minutes. Add your vanilla and butter and stir until butter is melted. Let cool for about 15 min. While that is cooling cut your bananas and in a 9×9, or 7×11 baking dish later your pan, pudding, bananas, wafers. Start with pudding and end with pudding. Enjoy.
But this recipe is the greatest!!! I have made this at least three times in the past month. Banana pudding doesn't ask for much. Vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, and fluffy meringue or whipped cream—these are the pillars upon which banana pudding is built. The special ingredient that helps homemade banana pudding stand out from store-bought varieties?