Granny's Bread Pudding. Old Fashioned Bread Pudding is a humble dessert that many grandmas have been making for years. While French Toast and Bread Pudding at our house was a way to use up stale bread. Bread pudding is not the first thing I run to at the dessert table.
Top this homemade gluten free bread pudding recipe off with an incredible homemade vanilla cream sauce. This delicious bread pudding is going to bring you back to granny's kitchen. We loved the flavors of cinnamon and raisin that permeate the bread pudding. You can have Granny's Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granny's Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 box of bisquick make.
- It’s 18 of biscuits/ or from scratch.
- You need 16 oz of chocolate chips or more.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract or imitation.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
INGREDIENTS Break up the bread into small portions. My Granny had the Best Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe ever and I can't wait to share it with you today! Granny had a secret addition that made the pudding extra light and fluffy and oh so good. In large bowl beat together milk, eggs, egg yolks Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Granny's Bread Pudding instructions
- make18 biscuits using directions on a box of biscuits you can make them from scratch if you want. They do not have to be pretty..
- after you make your biscuits let em cool then crumble them in a large mixing bowl.
- add about a cup of sugar you may want to taste it after you get everything mixed.. it's one of those (til it ) recipes.
- add vanilla.
- add your eggs.
- add your milk you may want to add a little more or less. when you mix the ingredients it should have a very moist consistency..
- add your chocolate chips.. I have used butterscotch chips and carmel as well but chocolate chips are the best and the original..
- mix it all together again…
- poor into a well greased 9×13 pan.. I like using an angel food cake pan too..
- bake on 350 for 45 minutes to 1hr…
- you'll know it's done when its golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean…..
Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful cinnamon sugar treat that will be loved by young and old alike. An irresistible, spicy version of the favourite pudding, infused with sweetened milk, saffron, cardamom and cinnamon. Bread pudding started life as the ideal way to use up stale bread and was simply steamed and enriched with a variety of mixtures (from meat to fruit) before baking. I suggest you whip up Eggnog Bread Pudding next time you are caught off guard by unexpected guests. Arrange the bread cubes tightly in the prepared baking dish.