Bread Pudding. Find Out How To Make Delicious Pudding. The Best Black Friday Savings On Everything Online. This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture.
Otherwise, enjoy this just as it is with a dollop of whipped cream. Bread pudding is indeed an old-fashioned dessert, a comforting way to use up stale bread. Any type of bread makes a neutral base for a flavorful custard; use day-old sliced whole-wheat, raisin or sourdough. You can cook Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 loaf of French Bread.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- It’s 2 Cups of Maple Syrup.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk (or cream).
- You need 1 Tsp. of Orange extract.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of Butter.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of Honey.
Chewy dried fruit adds a contrasting texture to the tender softness of the pudding. In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture. Equal parts creamy and textured, it makes for a great comfort food.
Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, add syrup, honey, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and orange extract. Whisk. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. While doing that, prepare your bread by cubing it. Also, melt butter in a small pot on low heat..
- Simmer the syrup for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally. Move to a pan to allow to cool. Transfer bread and raisins into a large bowl..
- Beat three eggs. Add melted butter to bread and raisins followed by the eggs. Mix throughly. Move to a oven safe pan (preferably and cast-iron skillet)..
- Hopefully your syrup is cooled. If it has, pour it all over the bread. Arrange the bread to get maximum absorption..
- Place in the oven and bake for roughly 40 minutes. Place a pan under the bread pudding to catch any spillage. The syrup will bubble while baking and should produce a seductive dessert. Garnish with mint. Enjoy..
Here are some of the best bread pudding recipes from the FN chefs straight to. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Pour the liquid over the bread. Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla.