Leche Flan. Leche Flan is a dessert made-up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top. It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world.
You will see it everywhere around. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat! Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. You can have Leche Flan using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- It’s 8 pieces of large brown eggs.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
Leche flan is a popular and easy-to-make Filipino custard dessert. How do you make an easy leche flan recipe? The basic ingredients for any leche flan recipe is made up of only three major. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection.
Leche Flan instructions
- Separate egg white from yolk. Place 8 large egg yolks in a mixing bowl and gently beat it with a whisk..
- Add 1 can condensed and 1 can evaporated milk into the mix and gently whisk together until mixture is creamy. Set aside..
- Fill the bottom of 3 llaneras with a thin bed of white sugar. Caramelize sugar by hovering the llanera over low heat on the stove and slowly tilting it until the bottom of the llanera is evenly coated with caramized sugar. Once all sugar crystals are melted, take off the heat and let the caramelized bottom cool..
Filipino leche flan is a rich custard made with egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk served with a syrupy caramel topping. Leche Flan Republic is the first to sell leche flan in vans in the Philippines. Leche flan is a delicious egg-based dessert popular in the Philippines, where it is served on celebratory occasions. It's a perfect pairing of sweet, rich caramel and creamy custard. I had a post about leche flan in my old kusina, but the how-to's were in a geocities page which is Some think that egg whites prevent the leche flan from turning very creamy.