Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding. Coconut Bread Pudding. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It all started with a craving for bread pudding and an emergency substitution of coconut milk for regular milk … Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bread, pressing down with a spoon or fork to make sure. In a bowl mix eggs, evaporated milk, coconut milk, and sugar; add water until it has a custard texture.
Place walnuts into a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until the walnuts turns golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool. You can cook Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding
- Prepare of Bread base:.
- It’s 5-6 cups of cubed brioche bread.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole walnuts (will be roasted and roughly chopped).
- Prepare of Custard mix:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- You need 1/8 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Butter drizzle topping:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Optional topping:.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk chocolate chips.
Cut bread into cubes and arrange in a wide baking pan. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and extract. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
Coconut Walnut Bread Pudding instructions
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Gently cut the brioche bread into 1 inch cubes, about half of a loaf makes 5-6 cups worth. Place evenly into the pan..
- Measure 1/4 cup of walnuts and spread them evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, stirring halfway, until browned. Cool slightly, then chop them roughly. Reserve 1/4 of the nuts for the top of the pudding, toss the rest with the bread cubes..
- Mix together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, white sugar and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup. Mix until well blended. Add the shredded coconut into the mix, mix well..
- Microwave the butter until melted and whisk in the 1/2 tbsp white sugar..
- Evenly pour the custard mix over the bread cubes. Top with remaining walnuts, drizzle butter topping over the top..
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes (up to an hour) to absorb liquid..
- Top with chocolate chips right before putting it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and custard is set..
- Let cool for 20 minutes and cut into 8-10 pieces..
In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, eggs, milk and mashed bananas. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until a few streaks of flour remain. Add the coconut and walnuts and mix until incorporated. In a small pan, bring cream to a boil. With mixer running at medium-low speed, slowly add hot cream.