Bread Pudding (For leftover breads). The basis for bread pudding is a custard sauce with egg and milk and numerous combinations of flavorings. Soak chunks of bread in the custard and bake until golden brown. Serve your bread pudding with a hot sauce poured over the top or ice cream.
The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. I picked up the rich brown sugar sauce recipe from my friend Kathryn Gartmann. The wonderful thing about this bread pudding is the use of sourdough bread cubes instead of white bread. You can cook Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding (For leftover breads)
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk (14oz).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon rind.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare half of loaf bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins or nuts (optional).
It gives the dish structure and integrity, and once it's finished baking, there's a wonderfully crispy crust around the edges and on the top, which is a great balance for the softness of the soaked bread. Leftover bread really does make the best pudding and it's perfect if you've got a hankering for something sweet and need to feed a crowd. Sprinkle crunchy croutons, chorizo and herbs over cauliflower soup for a sophisticated dinner party starter. Cauliflower soup with chorizo and garlic.
Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) step by step
- Mix all ingredients except the bread and nuts.
- Pre Heat oven 200 degrees for 10-15mins.
- Brush the pan with the butter.
- Slice the loaf bread into cubes and put it in the pan.
- Pour the mixture and make sure that all bread will get soaked.
- Put on top the nuts or raisins.
- Cover it with foil to avoin burning the top of the pudding.
- Put it in the oven for 45mins using baine marie (Pan in another pan with water).
- After 45 mins, check if the pudding is still wet and put it back in the oven for another 10 mins..
Turn all that leftover bread into a delicious dessert that will be perfect for tea time. #LeftoverBreadPudding #Leftover #Bread #Pudding #AwesomeSauceIndia. Bread pudding is a dessert born of desperation. What was once a way to use up leftover odds and ends of stale bread has turned into a sought-after comforting sweet. The layers of cakey bread, cinnamon, and chocolate meld into an easy, tasty bread pudding that would be perfect with a dollop of whipped cream. When you've eaten your fill and can't imagine chewing one more spiraled slice, you can make leftover babka into something new.